Monday, July 14, 2008

IRONY

How Ironic
This past week has been a nightmare, and that's not an understatement! Living in a illness infested household was bad enough, but to feel well enough to get back into my studies and discovering my computer was infested with trojans and viruses brought me to tears.
It's ironic that up until now, I have never had trouble with any such problems, now that I am aware of all aspects of internet security, to find them lurking on my computer left me feeling defeated and deflated. Perhaps it was because I myself had been feeling unwell contributed to my deflation, I felt like giving up.

This week however, I am feeling much better and although I need a new computer (currently using my mum's) I thought about the options available to me and no longer feel like everything is too overwhelming. I was fortunate to come across a government initiative which offers computers at a drastically reduced price. I am in the process of waiting for a refurbished pentium iv with 40GB HDD which I was able to purchase for $350. Feeling grateful and looking forward to completeing this unit (and on time) ;)

No comments: